This time of social distancing can make caring for a seriously ill loved one even more isolating. Hospice Austin has created a family and caregiver support group to provide a safe space to explore, process, and share anticipatory grief. This support group will:
- Enable families and caregivers to express and share their grief.
- Help individuals process and work through the complicated feelings surrounding a loved one’s end of life.
- Help Hospice Austin families build connection and a sense of community and support by normalizing and validating their grief.
- Facilitate connection and help prevent complicated grief during a time when caregivers are even more isolated than usual.
- Explore emotional processing through the body with breathwork and grounding exercises.
- Provide caregivers an hour to take care of themselves and their emotional energy, so they can keep taking care of their loved one.
This group is open to any families or caregivers of current Hospice Austin patients and occurs every Wednesday on Zoom from 12pm to 1pm
To participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tthe group will be capped to the first 10 people that sign up each week.