Please ask your team to tell you about the following resources:
- Nutritionist – our staff nutritionist works with patients and families to develop diets and menus suitable for the patient’s needs.
- Massage therapy and acupuncture – volunteers who specialize in massage therapy and acupuncture for patients with advanced illness offer their services to help patients relax and ease breathing.
- Pet Therapy – therapy dogs and their handlers lift spirits of patients and families alike.
- For Love & Art – volunteers share digital artbooks pre-loaded with over 1000 masterpieces from world-wide museums to provide a form of art therapy and a conduit for memories, conversation, and stories.
- Quilts for Children – made by volunteers, these quilts offer special reassurance to children aged 0 – 18.
- Enhancing Connections – a joint project by UT and Hospice Austin, this program gives guidance to parents about speaking with children about their own or a loved one’s serious illness.
- Swan Songs – Swan Songs fulfills musical wishes by organizing private concerts with Austin musicians for individuals with a terminal illness.
- Austin Diaper Bank – provides diapers to babies, toddlers and senior citizens in need.
- Prayer Shawls – created and prayed over by local church volunteers, the shawls are made with love.
- Bereavement Services – Hospice Austin offers individual counseling, support groups, phone support, memorial services and other programs. Your loved ones do not have to do this alone.
- Camp Brave Heart – a free multi-night recreational and bereavement camp for children aged 6 – 17 grieving the death of a loved one.