Hospice Austin Core Values
Hospice Austin Core Values
Committing to The R.I.G.H.T. Way is expected of all employees at Hospice Austin. For questions or for more information, the recruiter can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We envision a community in which people with serious
illness live their final months with comfort, dignity and peace.
Hospice Austin is a nonprofit organization that eases the
physical, emotional and spiritual pain of any person in our community
facing the final months of a serious illness by providing expert and
compassionate care, education and bereavement support.
Hospice Austin’s Standards of Behavior
At Hospice Austin we believe in doing things The R.I.G.H.T. Way. Abiding by our values (Respect, Innovation, Gratitude, Honesty, Teamwork) and meeting the behavioral standards for those values is how we ensure success.
Here’s what The R.I.G.H.T. Way looks like:
RESPECT: We honor diversity and treat each person with respect.
• Advocate for patients and their right to self-determination.
• Execute the Hospice Austin Visit with every patient, every time.
• Dress modestly and professionally according to the organization’s dress code; take care with hygiene; wear name badge; keep car tidy and organized.
• Document promptly, accurately, and completely 100% of the time.
• Practice the 10’—5’ rule. Use AIDET. Manage up.
• Start and end meetings on time; give attention to whoever is speaking; silence electronic devices.
• Use respectful conversations to resolve conflicts, going directly to the coworker involved first.
• Show a positive attitude in both words and actions; avoid gossip.
• Respect shared spaces; keep voices at a low level; clean up after yourself.
INNOVATION AND LEARNING: We are committed to continuous learning and expert teaching.
• Teach well!
• Be solution focused, collaborative, flexible, and creative.
• Excel by using best practices and by staying current with the latest information/training available.
GRATITUDE: We value the opportunity to serve others through our work.
• Look for ways to appreciate and acknowledge what each person brings; manage up.
• Observe healthy boundaries; nurture a life outside of work.
• Respect the work of partner organizations; express gratitude when they entrust us with the care of their patients.
HONESTY: We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity, accountability and stewardship.
• Be responsible with the organization’s resources as if they were our own.
• Keep commitments and promises.
• Maintain confidentiality and protect individual privacy.
• Address any violation of standards, misuse of resources, or improper conduct either directly or in writing within 24 hours.
• Make decisions and take actions with transparency.
• Promote, improve, and protect the reputation and sustainability of Hospice Austin.
TEAMWORK: We believe that we work best when we work together.
• Our work is not finished until the work of our team is finished.
• Be generous with time and expertise; never say “It’s not my job.”
• Address e-mails only to those from whom a response is needed; copy only those who need to know.
• Respond to e-mails, text messages, and phone calls by next business day.
• Show up on time; tardiness and absenteeism puts a burden on others.
Committing to The R.I.G.H.T. Way is expected of each Hospice Austin employee. It’s what helps make us a great organization!